AbrahamLincolnOnline.Org

Ganiere Statue in Webster City, Iowa

This bronze statue by George E. Ganiere of Chicago stands by entrance of the Webster City High School. In 1913 Alexander Groves presented it to the school to memorialize his son Harry, a member of the class of 1895.

The seven foot, four-inch statue, which depicts President Lincoln holding an excerpt from the Second Inaugural Address, features a base of verdantique marble. Ganiere studied under Loredo Taft and did the Lincoln statue in Burlington, Wisconsin, which was dedicated the same year as this one.

<Click on picture to continue.

Back to Tour Home

Home | News | Books | Speeches | Places | Resources | Education | Index | Search

Photo and text copyright © 2010 Abraham Lincoln Online. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy